Choosing the right flooring for rental properties is equally important as choosing one for your own home. Regardless of the type of tenants you prefer, your flooring must be strong and durable. It must be the type of floor that’s easy to maintain and repair that you can leave in the hands of your tenants without worrying. Most importantly, it must be aesthetically pleasing to add more beauty to your rental property to attract tenants.
Luckily there are many suitable flooring options available today. The two main types are:
- Soft Floorings
- Hard Floorings
As the name suggests, these are soft, resilient floors that are easy to maintain. Carpets, vinyl, and cork flooring are some of the good examples of soft flooring.
Hard flooring, on the other hand, are solid inflexible floors. They typically have more life than soft flooring, and some of the good examples are timber flooring, tiles, and mosaic.
These floors are extremely suitable for high traffic areas such as kitchens and hallways, making them an overall ideal choice for rental properties. However, timber floors remain the number one pick for rental properties among homeowners in Sydney. The reasons? Let’s have a look at it quickly.
Reasons Why Timber Floor Is the Best Flooring Option for Rental Properties
- Timber floors are durable and sturdy. They provide a hard-wearing surface when coated with a finish like polyurethane, making them withstand daily wear, scratches, and other damages for a long time.
- Hardwood floors are the most beautiful floors that bring a natural aura into the house. Also, they can effortlessly match the style of any interior. That’s why many tenants prefer a property that has beautiful wooden floors.
- There are no other floors that are as healthy as timber floors. Timber floors emit the least amount of VOCs and do not attract dust or pollen like other flooring options. It helps maintain the air quality and hygiene inside.
- Timber floors are easy to maintain. Regular sweeping, dry mopping, vacuuming or damp mopping will keep them in good shape for many years.
- They are solid investments that have a long life and are easy to renovate. Yes, timber floor sanding and polishing makes it easy for owners to repair and refinish the floors many times. There’s no need to replace the floors or go for high-budget renovation.
- Timber floors are affordable and value for money flooring options. Depending upon your budget and style, you can find the right type of timber floors as they offer countless choices.
Now you know why timber floors are the most popular flooring options, especially for rental properties in Sydney.
Best Timber Flooring Options for Rental Properties
Timber floors are available in unending ranges and styles, leaving you spoilt for choices when selecting flooring for your rental property. To make it easy for you, we have come up with the most popular timber flooring options for rental properties.
Engineered floorings are affordable flooring options that are best for high traffic areas. These are floors made of different kinds of wood pressed together. They come in various styles, colours, designs and can also be sanded and polished.
Cork flooring is a sustainable, bio-degradable, and affordable flooring option that feels soft on the feet and keeps it cosy. They come in different styles and colours and are easy to install and maintain. Moreover, they are highly resistant to mould and mildew.
Parquetry floors are decorative wooden floors, available both as traditional hardwood and engineered floors. They are durable and look beautiful, thus increasing the value of your rental property.
These are highly affordable floorings that are easy to install and maintain. The best thing about laminate flooring is they resemble hardwood flooring and are available in a wide range of styles, patterns, designs, and colours.
Need more suggestions and guidance in choosing timber flooring for your rental property in Sydney? Contact our team at Stanton Flooring now. We are a one-stop destination for all your timber floor supply, install needs and timber floor repairs in Sydney.